Sunday 28 August 2011

Training 2

Yesterday I was pretty smug about getting Obama to relax on bridges, but as you would expect it has all gone pear shaped today. I can't get him across bridges. I can get him onto bridges, but when he reaches the middle he looks down on the thundering lorries and herds of Harleys and stands there, clearly saying "this is an incredibly high stress situation for a delicate little pony, and I need shed loads of carrots or a good ten minutes scratching before I will move".
This makes journeys over bridges just as problematic, but for the opposite reason.
However he behaved like a total star when a white van nearly took us out on a narrow road. Guy was just going to fast to stop and slid past us, Johnny Cash blaring, and managed to avoid the van which had stopped coming the other way.
But we still had the total terror performance on at least three occasions for absolutely no visible reason, and I just led him past till he decided either that the terrifying thing had gone, or that the game was boring.
We did manage to perfect team blackberrying. With enough blackberries, Obama can take out all the ones at his head level, and there are plenty for me at my level. Of course once Obama's blackberries run out, he speeds up, normally when my hand is in the wrong place for a move forwards. Oh well, nothing is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment